The September 09 stories at The Flying circus of Physics web site.
1. How physics can keep you from getting drenched when drinking from a yard of ale or a beer boot (as in this photograph by mlamothe).
2. A weird illusion in which you can read in total darkness, another in the "physics for the first date" category.
3. A video that shows a building rolling down the street.
4. A whimmy diddle, a rustic wood toy with a propeller that rotates in a surprising way.
5. My old article about the surprising behavior of powders when vibrated --- they sort themselves out as though they are alive.
To see all this, visit http://www.flyingcircusofphysics.com/. The yard of ale and beer boot is the spotlight story this month, and the other stories are under the "News/Update" button on the left side of the screen.